ZIFERON (interferon beta-1b) is made from human proteins. Interferons help the body fight viral infections .ZIFERON is an imonomodular drug that is used to reduce attacks and decrease the frequency of relapse symptomsand . This medicine will not cure MS, it will only decrease the frequency of relapse symptoms.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
ZIFERON (interferon beta-1b) is indicated for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis to reduce the frequency of clinical exacerbations
Patients with multiple sclerosis in whom efficacy has been demonstrated include patients who have experienced a first clinical episode and have MRI features consistent with multiple sclerosis.
Who should not take ZIFERON ?
Do not take ZIFERON if you are allergic to interferon beta-1b, to another interferon beta, to human albumin, or if you are pregnant
What do I need to tell my doctor before I take this drug?
• If you have an allergy to interferon beta-1b or any other part of this drug.
• If you are allergic to any drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
• If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
• If you are breast-feeding.
• Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them to show your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
Every ZIFERONs vials containing 6.9 million international units (300 mcg) of interferon beta 1-b plus a syringe ready for injection and two alcohol pad and sterile adapter doaadd and a needle in a small box and a small box and 15 is the number and a patient's Guide book and a injection card are in a large box.
• Inactive ingredients: human albumin, mannitol.
• Each syringe ready for injection contains 1.2 ml solution of sodium chloride (54%)